- The road to college. Check out this resource called “Destination University”, a great college preparation guide for students and families by HSF (Hispanic Scholarship Fund): http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hsf-public-assets-new/publications/HSF-Destination-University-English.pdf
- Choosing a college major. Explore these links to find the right major for you:
- PHEAA Publications for High School Students (Financial information, High School Planner, Stay in School brochure, etc.): http://www.pheaa.org/partner-access/k12-counselors/publications.shtml
- What you should ask your school counselor by the College Board: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/get-started/building-support-network/20-questions-to-ask-your-school-counselor
- Need help with your classes? Check out this site for online tutoring: https://www.chegg.com/tutors/
- Why is Community Service important? by College Board: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/get-started/outside-the-classroom/volunteering-how-helping-others-helps-you
- Want to volunteer?
- Remember you can always volunteer at your nearby church or community center, political campaigns, or form a group of your own!
- Here are some good websites for getting involved!
Keep track of your volunteer hours online or on paper:
Prep for Success!
- SAT Prep: http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice
- Get Free ACT & SAT Prep here: http://www.Number2.com
- Find several videos (in English and Spanish) created by Georgia’s College Access Challenge Grant on how to get started on your career pathway, importance of continuing education, financial aid and much more: http://www.usg.edu/educational_access/thumb_drive/videos/index.html
- High School planning timeline: https://secure.collegeincolorado.org/High_School_Planning/High_School_Planning_Timeline/Introduction.aspx
- Finding the Right College for You: Tools and Resources from the U.S. Department of Education: http://www.ed.gov/blog/2013/04/finding-the-right-college-for-you-tools-resources-from-ed/